Eating healthy is not always easy - especially in February, when edible gardens are still waiting to be planted and decadent Valentine's Day treats can't help but tempt us. Baking up a batch of Quick & Easy Oat Power Bites is a great way to solve this problem because these Power Bites are both yummy and healthy! Mahalo Alanna Simao for this recipe! We love it!
Power Bites can be customized in many delicious ways. Want a healthy crunch? Add a handful of walnuts. Craving a chocolate chip cookie? Add a scoop of chocolate chips or cacao nibs. Fancy a granola bite? Swap in dried fruit and nuts. Out of bananas? Substitute applesauce or mashed fruit. The options are limited only by your pantry and imagination!
Proceed to the full recipe below, add your own creative spin, and enjoy!
Quick & Easy Oat Power Bites
1 Yellow Banana
1 Cup Raw Oats
Plus any other ingredients you fancy (chocolate chips and walnuts are my favorites).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mash banana.
4. Add oats & mix well.
5. Mix in any extra ingredients of your choice.
6. Shape into small round cookies.
7. Place on cookie sheet.
8. Bake @ 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until oats are toasty brown.
9. Eat hot or save for a grab-n-go breakfast or snack.